My name is Shirley and I blog at Motivated Mommy of Two. I am a mom to the two most wonderful kids and a wife to the most loving and understanding husband.
I love to write about what motivates me to keep going with my weight loss journey, the awesome times I spend with my family. And of course all of the different projects I like to work around the house.
I love cooking and trying out new recipes that I find on the internet, especially when it comes to making snacks or deserts for my kids.
When I saw a recipe at Tasty Kitchen for homemade Gold Fish Crackers I knew I had to try it.
Making the Gold Fish Shape:
- You will need an aluminum can, scissors and clear tape.
- Cut out a strip from the aluminum can and shape it like a fish.
- Once the shape is formed use a piece of clear tape to bring it together.
- 8 oz Sharp Shredded Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (Recipe calls for regular butter, I like to use unsalted butter)
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- Using a food processor combine everything except the water.
- Pulse until the mix resembles coarse sand
- Pulse and add the water one tablespoon at a time
- Keep pulsing until everything is combined
- Remove dough from food processor and wrap it in plastic
- Form a ball and chill for 20 minutes
- Once the 20 minutes have passed take out and roll the dough.
- Using the fish cutter you created, start having fun and cutting out your Gold Fish Shapes (Kids can help with this part)
- Place crackers on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350°F between 10 to 15 minutes. It all depends on how hot your oven gets.
- Once they are ready take them out of the oven and allow them to cool off and Enjoy!!!
I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy recipe, Dawn Thank You so much for having me as your guest.
I look forward to seeing you all at Motivated Mommy of Two.
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to make it with my kiddos.ReplyDelete
Thank you for having me as your guest.ReplyDelete
This looks like a fun rainy day project!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing, I will be making these with my kiddies, pinning for later.ReplyDelete
Thank you for having me Dawn, so glad your readers are liking the recipe.ReplyDelete
Oh how I LOOOVE this idea...I have a grandson who is wild about goldfish...these would be so much healthier for him. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete