My name is Shirley and I blog at Motivated Mommy of Two. I am a mom to the two most wonderful kids and a wife to the most loving and understanding husband.
I love to write about what motivates me to keep going with my weight loss journey, the awesome times I spend with my family. And of course all of the different projects I like to work around the house.
I love cooking and trying out new recipes that I find on the internet, especially when it comes to making snacks or deserts for my kids.
When I saw a recipe at Tasty Kitchen for homemade Gold Fish Crackers I knew I had to try it.
Making the Gold Fish Shape:
- You will need an aluminum can, scissors and clear tape.
- Cut out a strip from the aluminum can and shape it like a fish.
- Once the shape is formed use a piece of clear tape to bring it together.
- 8 oz Sharp Shredded Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter (Recipe calls for regular butter, I like to use unsalted butter)
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of cold water
- Using a food processor combine everything except the water.
- Pulse until the mix resembles coarse sand
- Pulse and add the water one tablespoon at a time
- Keep pulsing until everything is combined
- Remove dough from food processor and wrap it in plastic
- Form a ball and chill for 20 minutes
- Once the 20 minutes have passed take out and roll the dough.
- Using the fish cutter you created, start having fun and cutting out your Gold Fish Shapes (Kids can help with this part)
- Place crackers on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350°F between 10 to 15 minutes. It all depends on how hot your oven gets.
- Once they are ready take them out of the oven and allow them to cool off and Enjoy!!!
I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy recipe, Dawn Thank You so much for having me as your guest.
I look forward to seeing you all at Motivated Mommy of Two.