Join Me in My Addiction!

Thank you for visiting my blog...and for allowing me to share with you my addiction. I love to collect recipes. I love to read cookbooks. I have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember, and on any given day there are one or two (or more!) cookbooks residing on my nightstand!

This blog is chronicling my adventure as I fulfill my resolution of trying (at least) one new recipe each week. I hope that you enjoy!

I invite you to join me in my journey, simply by clicking the "Join this Site" link below. And please feel free to comment on any of the recipes, and pin away. Thanks, I look forward to sharing with you!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recipe Recap #1

One year ago, I started this amazing ride called Addicted to Recipes.  It has been an incredible learning experience, and I have connected with so many people AROUND THE WORLD that I would never have connected with in a million years.  This has been so fun!  I am pretty sure that my family has enjoyed the ride too, though it is a little funny that they ask first if a photo needs to be taken before we can eat.  Joking aside, they have enjoyed the fruits of my labour, and we have found so many new recipes to try. 

My family knows too well, new meals mean pictures before we can eat!

I thought no better way to celebrate my year than to look back.  I'll share updates to any recipes that I may have.  Here we go with Recipe Recap #1, for the week of January 27 - February 2, 2012.  Please head on over and check these recipes out! (Click on the title to take you to the recipe)

Sweet and Spicy Double Cooked Baby Back Ribs
This rib recipe is still the #1 rib recipe in our house.  We don't indulge on ribs very often, but when we do, 90% of the time we use this recipe (the other 10%, to try something different!)

These are absolutely amazing...I don't even like ribs!

Blueberry Bran Muffins (Click on the title to take you to the recipe)
I am not surprised that one of my first posts was about muffins!  

Searching for the perfect blueberry muffin...

Ham and Scalloped Potatoes (Click on the title to take you to the recipe)
Still a traditional meal.  We don't have ham often, but when we do, we do enjoy it!

Hearty Ham and Split Pea Soup (Click on the title to take you to the recipe)
What does one do with leftover ham?  Make soup, of course!  Funny, I have ham in the freezer to make this soup again very soon :-)

Great way to use your leftover ham! Bonus added goodness with the peas too

I hope you enjoyed this week's Recipe Recap.  Tune in next Tuesday for another round! 

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog from another food blog I follow. Congrats on making it 1 year!! Your recipes look AMAZING. I cannot wait to try!!


Thank you so very much for visiting Addicted to Recipes! I love reading all your comments and will do my best to reply as quickly as I can. I sure hope you will come back and visit again soon!